Monday, November 19, 2012


Also I realize that it is a shift in our thinking to use something other than bleach or some other harsh chemical to feel like a surface or toilet is really clean.  Take another look at my previous post and all of the natural cleaning properties that are in these oils, antimicrobial, antibacterial, antiviral...etc. :)  THEY REALLY DO CLEAN!!!


Okay sweet people.  I thought that I should try these recipes out before I gave them to you, but what I want to do is to turn you loose and YOU TELL ME which you like! :)  I will continue to post and tell you what I am liking, but it will be fun for you to do a little exploring yourselves.  


All-Purpose Spray:
All-Purpose Cleaner
2 c. vinegar
2 c. distilled water
10 drops Lemon Essential Oil
Tip: Shake well before each use.



CARPET CLEANING AND REFRESHER

I use 3 cups baking soda with about 20 to 25 drops of essential oil – I use Lemon or Citrus Bliss or On Guard, in a container glass or plastic. Mix thoroughly cover and let sit 12 or so hours. Then sprinkle it on your carpet I let it sit a while – usually 1 to 2 hours, some people do it overnight and vacuum!



Bathroom/ Counter Discinfectant
2 cups water
10-15 drops lemon or onguard, I like to do a little of both.


Basic Cleaning Solution:

In a glass spray bottle full of water, mix together:
·                     Purify, or Citrus Oil (3 drops)
·                     Peppermint (3 drops)
·                     On Guard (2 drops)
You can use this solution to clean and disinfect any surface that needs to be wipe down such as: door knobs, light switches, interior of car, outside of toilets, counter tops etc. Since oil and water will separate, make sure to shake before spraying. 

Linen/Bed Spritzer:


Freshen your bed linens as you make beds or prior to bed time as you turn down the sheets. Not only will it kill germs and pathogens, it will repel dust mites, bed bugs, fleas and spiders. It also leaves a clean fresh smell. Dust mites live in your bedding, feeding from the dead skin cells you constantly shed.

In a small glass spray bottle, mix;

·                     ½ - 1 Cup distilled or filtered water
·                     10 drops Citrus Oil
·                     10 drops Lavender 
Also consider a few drops of eucalyptus (Breathe™ has eucalyptus in it) occasionally as studies show it is effective killing dust mites.

Spray over turned down sheets and pillows a few minutes prior to bed time. Use Serenity™ to help induce a restful sleep. Consider Spritzing closets where clothes or coats are hanging. Or drawers and freshly folded laundry.

Countertop Disinfectant: 
(I think that this one uses more oils that I would personally for just 2 cups of solution)

Ingredients:
1 cup distilled white vinegar 1 cup filtered or distilled water

Option 1: 30 drops melaleuca oil 5 drops peppermint essential oil 5 drops lavender essential oil
Option 2: 30 drops white fir 5 drops melaleuca oil 5 drops grapefruit oil
Option 3: 35 drops On Guard™ 5 drops Purify™

Fill a glass spray trigger bottle with ingredients and shake to mix well. Spray on countertops and wipe with cloth or clean sponge. Shake often.

Not-Wood Floor Cleaner- to Mop:

Use drops, about 15 (use your judgement here, don't break the bank, put in 10 and see if that's enough, if not, put in a few more) of your favorite oil & mix with sink or bucket of warm water. I LOVE ONGUARD AND LEMON!


Fill bucket or sink with water and mix in oils.  ENJOY!!




LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU ARE LIKING AND 

USING!!  ANYONE USED A RECIPE FROM LAST

POST YET?


  I really am so grateful to have essential oils in my 

life! Let me know how you are doing! I sure love you all! 


With joy!

Elysha 




No comments:

Post a Comment