Monday, March 5, 2012

Homemade Household Cleaner

This is the most amazing smelling, non-chemical cleaner ever!!  I was so excited when I smelled the aroma of the finished product.  How do you do it?  It is amazing how easy it is.  All you need is the peels of your citrus of choice, white vinegar, and a little bit of time to top it off.  I really never used orange peels.  I just threw them away after peeling my orange.  Now I never let those little jewels go to waste.  Simply put your peels in a mason jar, as many as you want to pack in.  Then pour white vinegar to cover the peels.  Twist on the lid and let sit on your counter for 2-3 weeks.  You will be able to see the vinegar change from white to the color of the peels.  That is one sign that it is approaching readiness.  During the saturation 2-3 weeks the jar is a beautiful center piece and is a wonderful accent in your kitchen.  ENJOY!!!


           Gorgeous lemon and orange peels in vinegar

                                                      Finished Product- mmmmm smells divine

3 comments:

  1. Trying this one first thing tomorrow morning after I make my freshly squeezed orange juice! How easy! Thank you so much for sharing! This blog is soooo wonderful! I am enjoying every post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have this pinned to try. Good to know it actually does smell good. Can't wait to start it tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It still smells vinegary. I am toying around with diluting it a little. I don't mind the smell how it is undiluted, but others in my family don't really prefer the smell of vinegar. :)

      Delete