- In 2000, cleaning products were responsible for nearly 10% of all toxic exposures reported to U.S. Poison Control Centers, accounting for 206,636 calls.
- Of these, 120,434 exposures involved children under six, who can swallow or spill cleaners stored or left open inside the home.
- Chemical cleaners contribute to indoor air pollution and increases toxicity of the home. They are still in the air of your home HOURS after you use them, even though you cannot smell them.
- Chemicals contaminate any surface used on. If you clean the floor with a toxic cleaner and then "wipe" it away it will still get onto the skin of anyone who comes into contact with the surface.
- Poisonous in nature, not only if ingested. Must wear gloves and make sure NOT TO BREATHE IT!! ha ha. Not quite sure how to accomplish the feat of not breathing while cleaning. :):):)
- Fragrances added to many cleaners, most notably laundry detergents and fabric softeners, may cause acute effects such as respiratory irritation, headache, sneezing, and watery eyes in sensitive individuals or allergy and asthma sufferers. The National Institute of Occupational Safety and Health has found that one-third of the substances used in the fragrance industry are toxic.
- Chemicals that are so-called "hormone disruptors" can interfere with the body's natural chemical messages, either by blocking or mimicking the actions of hormones. (SOURCE:http://www.organicconsumers.org/articles/article_279.cfm)
Monday, November 12, 2012
Cleaning With Essential Oils Series!!!!!
WOOOOOOHOOOOOO!!!! Is all that I can say and think when I realize how easy and wonderful it is that we can all get the nasty chemical cleaners out of our homes, for good! Here are a few tidbits that will suggest that natural cleaners and cleaning with doTERRA essential oils is the way to go.
WHY TO SAY "NO" TO CHEMICAL
CLEANING METHODS OF THE PAST:
Wouldn't it be awesome to know of a way to clean that wasn't total death to you and your environment in your home and the earth????? Well I will tell you after cleaning my home growing up and also cleaning hotel rooms, I sure wish that I would have know about an alternative.
Which makes me SOOO excited to share with you a 100% safe, eye-popping effective, and putting the booty dancing back into cleaning where it belongs method next post.
Posted by Elysha at 11:55 AM